Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Symptoms on 8dp5/6dt

Okay, my attempts to remain calm and not obsess about potential pregnancy symptoms this cycle have totally gone out the window over the last two days. I am quickly losing control and my obsession is reaching an all time high! I think J is about to kill me (however I think he does enjoy me asking him to look at and touch my breasts every 5 minutes!). I'm dying to test, but fear the pee stick! I promised J that I would wait until today to POAS. He'd actually prefer that I wait for the betas, which are Friday and Monday. Um, hell no will I wait until Monday!

With FET #2 I got a + on FRER at 8dp5dt and this was a chemical pregnancy with low betas. I do not need to be told that the meds, like PIO, can mock pregnancy symptoms because I am fully aware of that. I'm an experienced infertile and veteran IVFer, so I'm not naive. I am simply trying to think that these are positive signs! Positive thinking won't hurt anything! :)

So, here are my symptoms (not in any particular order):

  • Achy breasts (inside out)
  • Overall cramping
  • Backaches
  • Pinching, lower abdominal twinges
  • Sensitivity to smells that causing gagging
  • Swollen, heavy breasts*
  • Light spotting 7dp5dt (only a small amount of pink/light brown)**
  • An overall "feeling" of being pregnant***

*The swollen, heavy breasts were "the sign" at 8dp5dt that led me to believe I was pregnant with Myles.

**Light spotting in IVF is common. It's also common when using suppositories, when on a blood thinner, and/or when pregnant with multiples. Also, it can be a sign of implantation. Since only a small amount was on my panty liner and on my Endometrin applicator once last night, I'm thinking this is a good sign.

***I've been pregnant 4 other times and I've always just felt "different". I have a similar feeling this time.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Dear hubby has also enjoyed me being pregnant - asking if "the girls" are bigger. I guess the only real good thing in dealing with me as a pregnant women (and let me tell you, I am one moody girl!) is that he gets to feel me up.

Fingers and toes crossed ... :)

Travelwahine said...

How exciting! I've been pregnant twice, and yeah the sore boobs are the definite sign for me.

Oh geesh, I don't think I can wait either. I'm so excited for you.

On a side note, a woman I work with is also "pregnant", well her surrogate is pregnant. So, I'm hoping you are too. I believe good things happen in doubles and triples.

Fingers crossed :)

Amber said...

I am so so hopeful for you!

Sheri-ct said...

I'm very excited for you can not wait to hear your update.

I have everything crossed!!!!