Friday, October 24, 2008

Dream


This is a gift I received from K, our amazing future gestational carrier, which accompanied a card saying "Dream about a positive experience and an additional member of your family." I absolutely love it and have to admit that I've been doing a lot of dreaming lately!


K and I went out for dinner and chatted about surrogacy. I am amazed at how comfortable and at ease she is with this idea. K makes me calmer and more and more excited about going down this path. K kept making comments about "when she's pregnant with our baby" and it made me smile. Previously I was worried about being envious/jealous of someone carrying my baby and much to my surprise there was not one moment when I felt anything but gratitude towards her.


I find myself at a loss for words to express my gratitude and appreciation to K and her family. J and I often talk about how it's nearly impossible to thank someone enough for providing such an amazing gift. We just hope K knows what a wonderful person she is and how much we love her!

11 comments:

Sanda said...

What a beautiful gift! I'm so happy you have someone in your life who can help in this way! I hope that next year is your year of miracles. Wishing you and K a wonderful, healthy pregnancy!

Erin said...

Here from L&F... I am glad you had a positive experience with your future GS, I am sorry you are being surrounded by so much with all your pregnant friends.

Jamie said...

I am so happy you are able to have dreams instead of the nightmares you have been going through with infertility, miscarriage, etc. You deserve this so mucha nd I am so glad you have been blessed with a joyful carrier for your baby. I bet Myles is really full of smiles today as he looks down at his happy mama from heaven!!

Anonymous said...

Oh to dream a little dream...

I think K sounds like an incredible person and I think she is just as lucky to be carrying your baby as you are to have her carry him/her.

Dora said...

Niki, this is so wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

JW Moxie said...

It's so wonderful that you will get the chance to go through this experience with someone so warm and caring. Nothing but good dreams ahead for both of you, I hope!

Lost in Space said...

What a wonderful gift. K sounds like an incredible person in every respect.

Irish Girl said...

I am so happy for you as you venture down this new and exciting path. Dream, indeed! :-)

I'll Fly Away said...

Please come to my blog and pick up your Angel Mommy Blog Award! Also remember to leave a comment so we can see all the angel mom's who have recieved it!

Alicia said...

Sending you hugs and wishing you the best on your surrogacy journey!
Alicia

Sheri-ct said...

It's beautiful and K sounds like a beautiful person. I am so happy and excited for you. I look forward to sharing your journey with you.

Sheri