Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Miracle Babies

I just watched this touching love story video of a little baby boy named Eliot who was born with Trisomy 18 and lived for 99 days. Eliot was featured on Oprah's Miracle Babies program today. This video moved me beyond words. I bawled and bawled during the video and have been bawling ever since I watched it. The tears that are flowing are for my miracle baby Myles, for Eliot, and for all of the other miracle babies and their parents. Although this baby was different than Myles in so many ways, he was also very similar. Myles miraculously managed to nestle into my less than optimal womb. Myles managed to stay active in my womb despite lacking oxygen and nutrients. Myles was not expected to live much beyond birth, but he fought for 26 days. Myles was our little miracle baby who we love and miss more and more with each passing day! Honoring and remembering all miracle babies!

4 comments:

Tom and Margit said...

Thanks for posting this Niki! This is what my little angel Gabriel passed away from in utero. I watched the Oprah segment and their You Tube video and looked at their blog and I cried a lot too!
Thinking and praying for you :)
Margit

Anonymous said...

Niki, this also made me cry, and cry and cry. Thank you for sharing.

GibsonTwins said...

I don't post here often, but I do frequently read and pray for you.

I did not see that on Oprah, but I do follow Eliot's blog and thought you might want the link:

http://www.ninetynineballoons.com/

Though his parents are now blogging at spectacularvernacular.blogspot.com now after the arrival of his new baby sister.

Tiffany said...

Thanks for sharing. Praying for Myles, Eliot, and all the miracle babies.