Thursday, October 2, 2008

POAS #2

Many thanks for the congrats and well wishes! I appreciate everyone's continued support and encouragement!

So, being the neurotic woman I am I tested again this morning. I was hoping for a darker line to show up, but was disappointed when the line showed up just as light as last night. I'm trying not to read into this, but given my history of chemical pregnancies I'm having a hard time not. I know a line is a line, but I would expect a darker line at 9dp5dt. This makes me wonder/worry if my beta levels are really low. I still "feel" pregnant and have most of the symptoms I listed yesterday, so I'm trying to think positive thoughts.

I have my first beta tomorrow and my 2nd on Monday, but my RE's clinic doesn't call with the results until they have the 2nd beta results. However, I have the blood drawn locally at my ob/gyn's clinic. Last time I called them the day of the 1st beta because I know that legally they can't withhold my medical information from me, so I just asked them to tell me the results of my bloodwork. Of course the triage nurse knows nothing about my infertility clinic's policy, so she told me the results. I think I'll have to "cheat" and do this again tomorrow. I'm hoping for an average beta (notice I'm not asking for it all), but don't have any expectations of hearing good news. Being a recurrent miscarrier sucks and makes being hopeful very difficult!

8 comments:

Busted said...

I must have missed the first post in my reader - congrats on a positive HPT! I won't tell you not to worry about the darkness of the line, because I know I'd be doing the same, but I'm hoping for a great beta # for yu!

Travelwahine said...

Niki,
I know what you mean. But don't lose hope. That's all we have. Enjoy this BFP. It sill is a faint line. You have 2 lines.

Smile. Breathe.

Tiffany said...

Hugs! I am crossing my fingers for a great beta and doubly great beta next time. A line is a line please try to enjoy it, even though I agree it is SO hard.

Amber said...

Hooray hooray hooray! Congrats!

I wouldn't worry too much about the un-darkening line (well, who am I kidding - I would worry like a lunatic, but you *shouldn't* worry). I've always had trouble with FRERs being crazy faint until I was like super duper pregnant. Hopefully you're having the same issue!

I'll be watching for your beta and hope and pray that you get the outcome you so deserve.

Congrats again!

Sheri-ct said...

Good luck tomorrow, Niki! Keeping everything crossed for you and saying many prayers. A linis is a line and I'm really hopeful.

Meinsideout said...

Good luck with your first beta! Which test did you use - I always got a light line with FRER - I got darker lines with another brand but I cannot remember what it was.

My thoughts are with you!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with you beta tomm. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

SMK said...

Wishing you best of luck today with your beta. I can't believe its today already! Sending you hugs/kisses and great thoughts!