Thursday, October 30, 2008

Crazy P-T Conferences

Just when I thought I'd made it through parent-teacher conferences without being yelled at I was wrong! I had a very upset mom come to my table tonight to yell at me for about 15 minutes. It was crazy! Her son is great and is doing very well in my biology class. So, why was she yelling at me you ask? Because of an obnoxious kid who's in the class. The kid she was complaining about is always out of line and gets consequence after consequence. She says he is disrupting the learning environment and should be removed from the classroom. Some days I do remove him from the classroom other days I move him to the back of the room. Some days I give him a detention and on and on .... I'm always doing something to try to modify his inappropriate behaviors, but it's tough when someone doesn't acknowledge ANY responsibiilty for their actions! Teaching high school students is great most days, but some days it's extremely challenging. Those people who think they can do my job better are always invited to give it a try, but they have to let me watch!

When I'm feeling less drained and more coherent (I'm on my 2nd glass of wine, which I desperately needed after tonight) I will post an update on my appointment with my RE today discussing our next steps. The surrogacy ball has started to roll ...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yahoo for the rolling of the ball, sorry about the parent.

Mrs. Spit said...

At least she came? I hear from my friends that only about 20 percent of parents even show?