Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kangaroo Care with Daddy

On February 13, 2008 Tanya, one of our favorite nurses, told us that we could do kangaroo care with Myles. I was really hoping that Josh would take his turn holding Myles, but he was nervous and had told me not to pressure him. Fortunatly, Tanya was able to get away with a little pressuring and somehow she convinced J to do it. Although I was dying to hold Myles again, I was so thrilled to hear that Josh would be holding his little boy for the very first time! After some maneuvering Myles was snuggled against J's chest. I could not stop smiling at the two of them--my two favorite boys! Of course I was a mess of tears as I looked on with so much pride and admiration. I had waited for years to see my wonderful husband holding his child. When Josh was holding Myles he kept saying "Myles is full of smiles." I couldn't agree more. I just knew that Myles was smiling from within as he snuggled with his daddy!

7 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

How wonderful!

Jacinta said...

Myles is just so precious. You will have that memory forever.

Sheri-ct said...

That is a beautiful picture.

Tom and Margit said...

Such a beautiful picture of your two wonderful boys!

Margit :)

Lost in Space said...

Such a beautiful memory of your 2 best guys.......

Meinsideout said...

Niki - what an amazing moment to remember, thanks for sharing with us. I hope that you are hanging in there - this has to be such a tough time for you.

I am in my local star.bucks using their Internet - we will not have any until the 23rd....We will have an update on the backyard situation tomorrow...

Donna said...

Myles is a wonderful little boy!