Monday, February 2, 2009

Myles, Groundhog's Day & K

When I arrived to the NICU on this day a year ago to visit Myles I arrived to find a sign that said Happy Groundhog's Day! The significance of this day is that it was the first day that Myles finally got to "eat" my breast milk. I had been pumping every two hours and freezing it, so we had quite a bit stocked up for him. They were doing micro-feedings at 1/2cc every two hours to see how he responded. The day nurse, Shannon, could tell that the milk passed Myles's stomach, but that it would take awhile to pass through his intestines and into a diaper. I was so excited that I finally got to really do something for my little guy and coudn't wait to change his first poopy diaper!

The night nurse this day was our other favorite nurse, Tanya! She was so friendly and so supportive. Tanya loved taking care of Myles and indicated that she had requested to be one of his primary care nurses! We were so excited to know that he'd now have two nurses consistently caring for him. Myles was quite the popular and eventually had 4 primary care nurses!

*************************************************
Being that I don't have my own symptoms to obsess about I've now started to ask K about hers. Apparently I can't handle the 2ww without having something to obsess over. K told me that her boobs are super sore today. She also told me that she had to go to the store to get OJ and she drank about a gallon today! K reminded me that this is what she craved and did while pregnant with both of her boys! I'm hoping these are some good signs!

Unfortunately today is one of those days when I'm feeling disappointed about the cycle and am convinced it didn't work. I'm sure most of you IFers know how that goes. I seem to have days like this in the 2ww of every cycle! I had several of them when I got pregnant with Myles. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a day when I'm convinced it worked!

9 comments:

Gift of Surrogacy said...

The 2ww is so hard..hoping you have positive news real soon!

Bonny said...

Sore boobs sound like a good sign. And the OJ thing, well...
I am so hoping that the 2ww goes by as painlessly as possible. It is so hard waiting.

Meinsideout said...

It must be so hard - I cannot imagine the emotions. I am an obsessor myself. I am glad K is willing to share her feelings - I am thinking of you and I hope that you are okay. I am hoping a picture of a bfp shows up soon.

Unknown said...

Good signs so far! Try to be positive (although I know it's hard). Everything is crossed for you, J, and K.
Linda

Megs said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and K!! The 2ww is always the hardest...hang in there!

((Hugs))

Natalia Ritchie said...

Just so you know, I am convinced that it worked. Sending you those good vibes today.

Anonymous said...

Good vibes coming your way.

Dora said...

Hang in there, girl. The 2WW is agony!

Lost in Space said...

What sweet memories of your Myles and so many others who loved him too.