Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Like a good obsessive infertile

I drove out to K's house last night, which is about 20 minutes from my house, to closely examine and photograph the pee stick she did at 3pm yesterday. I told J that I was going to K's house and he naturally asked what for. I told him that I was just driving out to drop something off. He pressed me for more information and I finally told him that I wasn't going to tell him because I didn't want to hear his critical response. J promised not to criticize me, so I explaine why I was going. With a completely shocked look on his face J proceeded to say "so let me get this straight you are driving over 20 minutes to examine a pregnancy test and take photos of it?" I said yes and he said something along the lines of thinking it was a little crazy. I fully admit that I'm a crazed infertile and that driving over 20 minutes to look at a pee stick in comparison to others seems completely normal to me. 5 years of infertility can make a girl a little nutty when it comes to reproductive stuff! I know all of you completely understand! So, without further ado here are the photos of the tests. The top test that's not labeled is the one that K did last night. I put it next to the tests from Friday and Saturday morning, which were done with fmu, and I think last night's test is as dark if not slightly darker than Saturday's. What do you think?

Photobucket
Photobucket

17 comments:

Bluebird said...

Of course we understand, I wouldn't expect anything less! And how cool that K understands and indulges the craziness that comes with infertility! And yes, I do think last night's is darker :)

K*senia said...

Nope, you are not crazy.
I tested - at 8DPO, then I got a very faint + at 9DPO.
Your tests are DARK! I'm still thinking twins!

Thinking of you!

Sheri-ct said...

Yes, it is darker!!! Yay!!! And I would have done the same thing. I actually drove my pee stick to 2 different friends to look at the lines for me. Completely normal!!!!

Sanda said...

Looks like it to me too! And yes, I can totally and completely understand :)

The Hendrickson's said...

I would've done the exact same thing! I definately think the line is darker on yesterday's test :)

Angelwingsbaby said...

Makes perfect sense to me....I would do the same thing.God bless and I am thinking of you.

Meinsideout said...

N - I would drive from Pittsburgh for you to do the same thing!!! There is nothing wrong with it and it probably put your mind at ease -because it does look thicker and a bit darker. So that is good news -my last chemical the lines were definitely lighter even a day later so I think that is a good sign.

I tried to force my RE to do a beta 24 hours in between last time...I also was a closet pee stick pee-r - I hid them from Mr. M because I took like 5 a day (at least).

Lost in Space said...

I feel and share your neurosis - sounds totally logical to me.

I completely agree that last night's line looks darker too. I'm looking forward to hearing a wonderfully strong and doubling beta!!

Bobbi said...

Makes perfect sense! I definetley think the last test is darker :) Can't wait to hear beta results tomorrow!

Nadine said...

I really think it looks good, and I really really really think that it's gonig to be good news today. thinking of you.

Dora said...

Looks darker to me. You are not crazy. I would do the same thing.

Can't wait for tomorrow's beta number!

Shantay said...

Such great news... I can also see a definite difference in the pee sticks! So when is the beta and ultrasounds?

TABI said...

Looks darker to me! I know it is so hard during all the beta madness, hang in there! I am keeping positive thoughts for you and K!

SMK said...

O Nikki.. I would drive from Canada to Florida for only a chance that I could see a positive test... so who is crazier?? It's only 20 minutes.. ;) I think its wonderful and exciting and definitely darker. I not only understand your obsessiveness but I am both envious of it as well as love it!! I love that you take so many pictures and blog and share you are an amazing lady. All I want to do is be there and enjoy this ride right along side of you.

Theresa said...

I think it is darker than the other two! Now, 9dp5dt would be what...14dpo if this were that type of conception? If so, those tests look GREAT for that far along. My tests didn't look that dark until ~20 dpo. And my beta was 51 at 14dpo.

Rebecca said...

Looks darker to me!

Men just don't get it, no matter what they've been through with us. Matt still gets mad at me when I POAS when there's NO chance we're pregnant.

Keep us posted on the beta, and I love your new layout!

Unknown said...

You are not crazy! Some things you just have to see for yourself (and in person). Everything is crossed for a doubled beta today.
Linda