Friday, February 27, 2009

7 weeks - Our "Blueberry" Baby

Fridays are a day I typically look forward to after a long week of work, but now I will anxiously anticipate the arrival of Friday even more! Fridays are the day that K changes weeks in the pregnancy. Notice the ticker? Today K is 7 wks pregnant. Our baby is the size of a blueberry at this point! I still get a kick out of the fruit comparisons they use throughout pregnancy. One of K's friends mentioned how nice it would be to have a window into her uterus and I couldn't agree more. If we could see into K's uterus, this is what we'd see ...

(image above taken from http://www.babycenter.com/)

12 comments:

Alicia said...

Awww a blueberry... what's not to love?

Tom and Margit said...

You know Niki, I agree. What is up with the fruit comparisons. I am SO SO happy for you.
Your little blueberry is one lucky fruit baby :)
Margit
HUGS

Meinsideout said...

Awesome!!!

Sanda said...

I love blueberries :)

R said...

Awww a cute little blueberry...I'm so happy for you guys, not much longer and you'll have a plum.

Rhonda and Gerry W said...

I know exactly what you mean. Our day is every Saturday!!!

Bonny said...

I can not express how happy I am for you all. It's about time that you have happy news. You look so incredibly happy in the photos. Blueberries are wonderful!

Dalene said...

Big congrats to you. The fruit and vegetable comparisons crack me up. I think I'm at heirloom tomato size right now.

Sheri-ct said...

So cute! I used to love getting those updates. I am so happy for you!

Sheri-ct said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trouwbottom said...

Congratulations! My sister was a surogate for her best friend and his wife. Chance is now 5 years old and is a huge part of our family. We are his "aunts, uncles, and grandparents". I was in the delivery room and it was the most amazing sight so see Chance placed in the arms of his parents! My sister rocked!!!!!!!

Kris said...

Yum, blueberries, full of antioxidants and a strong little fruit. Keep growing little blueberry!