Sunday, February 22, 2009

Anxious

I am so anxious for the u/s tomorrow! It's only about 18 hours away now, but it can't get here soon enough! I had a busy, fun weekend, which was a nice distraction, yet the excitement and nervousness were still there just under the surface. J and I agreed that if the u/s reveals bad news we'll be crushed, but know that we'd survive. The pain would be sharp, but in our opinion nothing will ever compare to the pain of losing Myles. So, we know that we'd deal with any potential bad news and we'd continue forward in our journey. Despite preparing for the worst news we are hopeful that we will get great news! K is the eternal optimist, so she's expecting some good news! Speaking of K ... she's now a true POAS-addict--K POAS on Friday afternoon and the test line showed up on the test before the control line! What have I done to sweet K?!

Tonight I will most definitely take a few Xa.nax to help me sleep and might even take one or two tomorrow afternoon before the appointment. I'm hoping that the hours fly by tomorrow! Both J and I will be accompanying K to the appointment tomorrow afternoon and I'm hoping to be able to get home quick to post an update before we head to my aunt's for dinner.

UPDATE ON POTENTIALLY BRAZILIAN WAX ...

It sounds like most who've done it say it was horribly painful. One of my good friends told me that it left her bleeding and eventually black and blue! Yikes! I'm not sure I should try this a few days before I spend over half of my day in a swimsuit. I am starting to chicken out. I admit I find it comical that so many of you are anxious for me to be the guinea pig! Well I haven't cancelled the appointment yet, so it's still possible that I'll go through with it. I may just have to keep to the tried and true method of grooming my girly bits--razor and shaving cream! I'll keep you posted.

14 comments:

Heather said...

I think I'm becoming a CONB (checking on Nikki's blog) addict. And of course, I'll be checking like MAD tomorrow. Wishing you all the best, saying prayers, and crossing everything that those little fellas are snug and comfy in there!

Jacinta said...

Me too! I've got everything crossed for you guys. I can't imagine how slow the time must be going, but it isn't long to wait now....

N said...

Very exciting! Can't wait to see the news!

Gift of Surrogacy said...

Good Luck tomarrow!

Tom and Margit said...

Good luck today! I am thinking about you all :)

HUGS
Margit

Unknown said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear the results. I'm thinking of you.
Linda

R said...

omg its monday I'm up and one of the first things I did was check out your blog...lol. I'll say a couple extra prayers. This aft. seems so far away.

Sanda said...

Sending all of my luck and positive vibes your way for a perfect ultrasound! I'll be checking back often!

Sober Mommy said...

Checking this AM to see when the appointment is so I can stop myself from checking every hour (which I totally know I would do).

Hoping so much for you all and praying like mad! I put you guys on our prayer list for yesterday and today!

momsoon said...

thinking of you and your u/s today!!! will check back tonight for all the amazing details...wishing you,dh&k ( I know myles will be there with you too)all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

I'm with Heather...I'm the primo CONB addict! LOL

Anxiously awaiting news!

TABI said...

GL on the u/s!!! Can't wait to hear the news!!!

Kay said...

I am trying not to stalk you!! I have everything including my eyes crossed for you!!!

SMK said...

Niki,

Thinking of you! I am sending you good vibes and keeping everything crossed...

Can't wait to hear from you.