Monday, February 9, 2009

Beta #1: 11dp5dt

K just called and said the beta was 57. I know that this is within the normal range, but I can't help but worry given my history of miscarriage. K's been testing + since 5dp5dt and only has a beta of 57 today?! The analytical side of me thinks that this can't be good. It seems that we should've had a higher number today with all the + so early. This leads me to speculate that maybe we're catching the beta falling rather than rising. :( I know we could've had both implant earlier and now only one. The good news is that K hasn't had any spotting or bleeding. I just really needed a strong beta that wouldn't leave me questioning, wondering, and worrying. I really hope that we're not having another miscarriage. The last thing I need is the guilt of knowing that I've brought someone into our dark place of despair. We have another beta on Wednesday, so that will give us a better picture of what's going on.

*************************************************
Okay, I'm trying to breathe deep! I just talked to my favorite nurse at my RE's clinic and she said that this is a completly acceptable number for a FET at this point. She reminded me that FETs tend to have lower, slower betas. When I said "yes, but what about the + 6 days ago? ... the number should be higher." She reminded me that many hpt's have been found to detect significantly lower than advertised pregnancy hormone levels. So, we just wait and hope for a doubling number on Wednesday. Thanks for all your kind thoughts, encouraging stories, prayers, and well wishes! K is doing an amazing job, so please keep cheering her on too!

24 comments:

Bluebird said...

I'm so sorry this has caused you to doubt; I'm sure Wed. can't get here fast enough. Will be thinking of and praying for you all in the meantime!

K*senia said...

You (and K) are in my thoughts! I can't wait until Wednesday!
Think positive! ++++++++++++

Sheri-ct said...

Sending TONS of P&PTs for a beautiful increase on Wednesday!

Natalia Ritchie said...

Stay positive. wait it out, and I hope that there is a healthy increase for you on Wednesday. There are so many people hoping and wishing and praying for you guys.

Sanda said...

Hang in there! I know that you wanted something higher and less questionable (totally understandable), but that's not a bad start and I'm going to keep thinking lots of positive thoughts for you for a strong double on Wednesday!

Alana said...

Keeping you all in my prayers!

Busted said...

Try not to worry - not exactly the same, but with my most recent IVF, I was getting very faint positives from 4dp5dt, but my beta at 8dp5dt was below 50...and the next one doubled appropriately, etc. Hang in there and keep us posted!

MRS. ERIN SMITH said...

Oh, this is so hard! I understand your worry. I've been told that the number itself does not truly matter; it's the doubling. The real test will be Wednesday's beta. Hoping for the very, very best. I totally hear you about "bringing someone else into your place of darkness." You deserve success, and I pray it finds you. Stay strong!!!

Megs said...

Will be thinking of you for the next couple of days until we hear the new results on Wednesday! Hang in there!!

Tom and Margit said...

I am praying for you all sweetie!
My good friend also follows your blog and has you all in her prayers :)
I am glad you talked to the nurse to get more information!

HUGS!
Margit

Gift of Surrogacy said...

I can imagine how you are feeling, but anything above 50 is GREAT!

The FRED pick up at like a beta of 8.. I only know that cause I had a pos and went in for the same day.

My prayers and thoughts are with you three and for some doubling numbers!

Also I was told the HCG numbers are dependant on the person, some ppl are low hcg producers..

Tiffany said...

I am sorry this has caused you to worry, sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Poppy said...

I've got everything crossed for you!!

Mary said...

My beta with my healthy twin toddlers was 74 at about 14 DPO. I know you're going to worry about every little thing (I do too!!!!), but 57 TRULY is a good number. And it's going to be in the 100's on Wednesday, I am positive!!!! Hugs!!

Dora said...

Oh, Niki! After all you've been through, of course you're scared. Sounds like a good singleton number to me. Hang in there. I'll be waiting for the next update.

Kris said...

I am so sorry that this is causing stress. I so wish that number would have been higher so that you could breathe easier. I have heard that on FET's that it takes longer for the numbers to rise. I will think positive, sticky thoughts for you and K! Can't wait for Wednesdays beta!
Kris

Heather said...

Waiting with you for Wednesday, saying prayers for your baby(s) and K (you, too!), and crossing it all!

Kay said...

My beta was 108 and the second was only 660 and should have been in the thousands...FET beta's are different...hang in there!!

Jacinta said...

Legs, fingers, toes, everything is crossed for you guys.

Nadine said...

I'm sorry that this has caused you so much worry (this is why pee sticks are indeed evil even when they give good news they can leave you wondering and worrying). If you guys did't poas you would be celebrating. Thinking warm thoughts for you guys, and hoping good things.

Sarah Andrews said...

My GS tested postive early - The HPT picked up a beta of 6 so they are super sensitive. Hang in there - you all are in my prayers.

Erica said...

This is my first time on your blog. I'm truly inspired by your courage and strength.
I, too, have considered surrogacy. My sister wants to carry for me. I haven't been able to get my head around it though. I'm looking forward to reading more about you and this surrogacy journey. Lots and lots of luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there dear. Your beta is early. Mine was not until 14dpt. A lot has to do with the numbers I know. But keep in mind, it's POSITIVE!!!!! It WILL DOUBLE. We just know it will. Keep us posted.

TABI said...

Hang in there! I know how hard it is to not have a super high beta but I am keeping everything crossed that it doubles nicely and all continues to go well!!