Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blogger fakes baby's death

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=7838575&page=1

Why on Earth would someone want to pretend to be a mother who's lost a baby? Trust me it's not a pleasant role to assume and it's not something I would wish upon my worst enemy. This woman is clearly totally f*cked up, IMPO. A tiny part of me (maybe 0.5%) feels sorry for her, but the rest of me (99.5%) is so angry with her. She's likely hurt many kind, caring, compassionate, empathetic people who were there to support her. These people didn't deserve to be deceived in such a horrible way.

I know that as part of my grief journey I reached out to help others who've lost babies and are in the early stages of grief (I still do). I often become emotional connected to these women, their angel babies, and their stories. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I learned that they were lying about the whole thing. My heart hurts for those who reached out to her and gave support.

6 comments:

meinsideout said...

WTF??!! That woman is clearly very, very ill. I cannot imagine how the people who read and followed and gave feel...

((HUGS)) to you and K

Jaymee said...

you were the first person that i thought of when i read this story. i was so angry that someone would play with peoples' emotions like that. what made me angrier was that because of her lies that others may not reach out to people who really need the support.

G & H said...

Yeah I was following her and still am so intrigued when I read the articles and see the stories because I can't fathom how anyone could do that...I'm with ya sister!

GS said...

I was one of the people who followed her story for over a month... even had a ticker up on my blog.. hard to understand why she would do what she did..


hope your little embies are growing great :)

Gibson Twins said...

The kicker? She is STILL BLOGGING! That's probably the biggest smack in the face of all of it. I exposed her and then she tried to cover up her tracks (unsuccesfully I might add). I'm exceptionally confident she'll be charged with a minimum of mail fraud.

TeriLynn said...

Niki, WTF i couldn't believe this when i read it! This women need some serious help! It just hurts me! I have a neighbor that his exgirl friend is pregnant again, and she can't afford the first child and doesn't even care and is pregnant again and it just pisses me off that she doesn't even care.. i just hope she doesn't say somehting to me, because i think i will explode!
I am thinking of you and Kealy and that everything goes great tomorrow! Lets all 3 snuggle in K's nice warm uterus!