Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New to Blogging

This is my first attempt at blogging. This blog is meant for me to share my thoughts and feelings regarding my infertility struggles, miscarriages, my near death experience with preeclampsia/HELLP, the premature birth of my son, Myles, and his death. I will also use this blog to share my feelings as I reenter the world of infertility in our quest to conceive another child. As anyone who's ever struggled with infertility knows it is a painful, lonely, emotional journey. When you add the overwhelming, debilitating grief of losing a child the journey becomes nearly unbearable. Although I feel like no one else understands my pain, the sad reality is that there are others out there who do "know my sadness." I am not happy to hear that others have lost children, but am strangely comforted in knowing that I'm not all alone in my grief. I have been reading the blogs of other babylost mamas and have cried through their posts as I could've written so many of them myself (albeit probably not as eloquently). I look forward to getting to know others as I enter the world of blogging.

2 comments:

~Denise~ said...

Niki,

I hope blogging helps you through the tough times and the good. Many find it very therapuetic.

I think of Myles often.

Denise
(fellow WI PF member)

Bonny said...

Hi Niki.

I found you thru Glow in the woods.
Anyway, I have recently started a blog and would like to reference your blog in a post and since I am new to the blogging world, I thought I should ask if it is ok to do that. I'm not very savvy about the blogging rules and I don't want to offend anyone.
I am a mom of 3 boys ages 12,9 and 4. I am posting about my son, Myles (9). I still have not found the right wording that I want to use for the post and mentioning your blogand Kate's as well. But, to make a very long story sorta short, my Myles had surgery 2 years ago to remove a very rare form of cancer. He had the bottom lobe of his lung removed. The pathology results came back cancer and I was blessed because he did not need chemo or radiation, just removing the part of the lung took care of it, they think. I still have to take him every 6 months for CT scans and xrays because he has another spot that they did not remove that looks suspicious to them and they want to keep an eye on it. I have overlooked how thankful I should be so many times. While reading your post today at Glow in the woods,I saw that you had mentioned the name Myles and I clicked over to your blog and read your story about your sweet baby Myles. I watched the beautiful video and cried the whole time. I have not lost a child and I can not even begin to know the feeling but I have such thankfulness for you and all the other moms that share their stories. It puts me in check when I am not expecting it to. And while I would like to reference your site, I do not want to say anything wrong, seem like an ass, or come off as clueless or insensitive. I'm sorry for going on, I just don't want to offend anyone, and I realize from reading your posts and others that because I have not lost a child, I can not begin to understand.

So, if you would rather me not mention your site, I completely understand and will not.

Thank you so much for sharing your brave baby Myles. I can not tell you how much it has made me think.