Tuesday, July 14, 2009

No U/S today

Yesterday afternoon my RE, Dr. S, called me to personally congratulate us on the pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Myles he did the same thing and I thought it was so sweet! He asked me how K's feeling and what she thinks about carrying two babies. He went on to tell me that he's very pleased with the first u/s and that he's fine with not having another one for two weeks. So, we cancelled the u/s for today and won't go back until 7/23 for another look at the babies. I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't get a look at them until after my trip, but now I think it will give me something to look forward to when I return!

Several people have asked me how I'm feeling and for the most part I'm feeling optimistic and hopeful. However, I have to be honest that last night fear crept in and I started the obsessive googling of topics ranging from normal embryonic heart rates at 6wks to pre-term labor with twins. I promised myself that I wouldn't do that, so I need to get a grip. When I return from Alaska I plan to talk with my therapist about strategies for coping with the fear and anxiety. Of course the easy solution is to not visit Dr. Google, but that doesn't always work for me when I'm in a moment of weakness. Being in Alaska will help over the next week until u/s #2 because I'll have limited access to the internet.

10 comments:

Bluebird said...

Thinking of you, dear friend. You and your sweet hubby and K too. I can't wait for your happy ending.

Meg. said...

Take this time to soak in the beauty of Alaska, and nature in general. K will be keeping your babies very safe and snuggly for you while you're away.

And yeah, staying away from Dr. Google is a must. =)

Thank you so much for the honest, heart-felt comment you left on my last post. It was very beautifully written. *hugs*

Deanna said...

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!!!!

I look forward to your return to posting about your babes-in-the-making. I marvel at K.... what a wonderful gift. Her body will keep them cozy... as the poor chickster pounds back the food... (OK.. that is a bit humorous!)....I think that is great!... you never know she may end up stowed away in your bags..and bunk below the buffet table.

You are right about the Dr. G thing... it's seems so easy to stop... good for you for knowing your strengths and *weaknesses...

Embrace the beauty...

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your support.

I hope you have a great trip and come home to see some bigger, beautiful babies.

Jaymee said...

hope you have a wonderful time in alaska, and are able to let this soak in a bit without evil dr. google. i know it is hard to accept when things are going well. HUGS and have a wonderful trip to the only state i have never been.

Jennifer said...

I just happened across your blog and what a story you have! And twins! Congrats...

~Denise~ said...

Enjoy your trip, I know you'll take time out to appreciate the beauty out there...I'm hoping for some photos when you get back.

You remain in my thoughts, and I continue to send cyber hugs your way. Thank you for being you, and for all that you do. You are one terrific lady.

Kelly said...

Thanks for the update!! I don't think it matters whether it's K or you carrying the baby(s). The worry is always there and very real. You are right to want to work through it. Still thinking of you daily!!!

cpd said...

I don't even know you but stumbled across your blog and am hoping for more and more good news for you... I'm an IVF vet so I know how stressful it all is, and I have also been accused of over-googling every little thing... hang in there!

MyLifeMyWorld said...

I was just catching up to hear your having TWINS! WOOHOOOO! I'm very excited for you and wish you the very best in pregnancy...uneventful and boring is always good.