Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Beta #2 is in ...

... 2123!!!

This gives us a doubling time of 1.73 days, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. K's progesterone is 41.76, so we're good there too! I'm hoping that they will reduce her PIO to 1 shot/day rather than the 2 shots/day she's been doing. She's also on Endo.metrin, so it seems like she's getting plenty of progesterone support. We'll get a call from the RE's office later this afternoon to find out about med changes and when they want to schedule the 1st u/s. K and I figured out that they'll want the u/s in two weeks, which is when I leave for Alaska, so we took the liberty of already scheduling the 1st u/s on 7/14 (the day before I depart). So, now we patiently wait for 13 days to find out what's going on in K's uterus.

If I had to guess, I'd wager that both embryos implanted. As you can probably imagine I've spent many hours obsessing over the first beta number and it seems that this level would be off the charts for a singleton (although not impossible). It seems as though the 2nd beta level is well within the range for a twin pregnancy and again quite high for a singleton.



I guess we'll just continue to speculate until we actually see first hand how many are growing in K's uterus. Either way we are ecstatic to be expecting again and continue to be impressed and amazed by K. We understand and fully realize that anything can happen, but are pleased to be moving in the right direction yet again. I continue to be hopeful that this time WILL be different!

23 comments:

Tom and Margit said...

That is a FANTASTIC and strong number...congrats :)

HUGS
Margit

Meg. said...

This time WILL be different! It WILL!
(I'm not a psychic...just merely practicing positive thinking =) )

Can't wait until K's U/S!

Mo said...

WONDERFUL NEWS! Those are such great, healthy numbers! Waiting along with you - I also bet there's more than one in there with those high numbers. so exciting : )

Mo

Heather said...

Yahoooooo! Go girls, go girls! Can't wait 'til the u/s!

Heather said...

"Girls" being you and the uberfantastic K, btw...

Donna said...

Awesome numbers!!!

Natalia Ritchie said...

Lady it looks good!! Will it be one, or two, who knows, but as of now it's a healthy number, and that's unbeatable!!

Kelly said...

I have faith this time will work out Niki. It's certainly moving in the right direction! Congrats mama!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, just wow, that is fantastic! I too am on the different team.

Jaymee said...

YAY!!! for huge numbers!!

Caroline said...

I am so thrilled for you Niki! What excellent news. x

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo for high betas!

Dora said...

Awesome! I think my numbers were high due to the second, empty sac. Try not to worry about how many. You'll know when you know. :-)

SMK said...

Awesome number I am so thrilled for u!!!!

Jacinta said...

Go Girls! That number is crazy.

Erica said...

Wow, really strong numbers! Terrific!!!!

Not to mention - Alaska?! What an amazing trip. Are you cruising?

Sanda said...

Absolutely wonderful numbers!! Congrats!!!

Karma & Adam said...

Great beta #2! Congrats to all of you : )

Linda said...

AWESOME!!!

Alicia said...

Look what happens when summer gets here and I fall behind on my blog reading! I'm so excited for you all! Blessings!
Alicia

N said...

HUGE CONGRATS...I can't wait to see your first u/s. :) I'm betting it all on twins!

MyLifeMyWorld said...

WOOHOOO, those are amazing beta numbers and very strong! CONGRATS!

My IM had a great way of thinking...

She was a mommy, if only for a day, a week or a month it didn't matter if that baby was in her arms, she was a mommy right then and there and was going to enjoy each day as they came.

I'm not sure if that's something you can do, but it seemed to help her quite a bit!

Amy Theis L.Ac. said...

I'm glad to see that everything is progressing beautifully. Thanks for letting me be a part of your big day again! Wow, could it really be? Twins? Congrats!