Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PUPO




Well as we like to say in the IVF world I am officially Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise (PUPO). We transferred two day 6 blasts this morning. The transfer was relatively uneventful and quite easy. The embryologist talked to us about our embryos and they are still graded high (1 and 2 on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being the best). I thought both blasts were hatching, but only one of them was (the one on the left above; graded 1). The other blast that was graded 2 was still expanding from the thaw (on the right), which is why it looks a little "deflated".

My RE was very optimistic about the transfer and said that my lining had an area that was nice and thick, which is why he thinks I keep getting pregnant. He said with these great embryos and my lining he'd be surprised if I don't get a bfp! I'm hoping he's right! Also, my acupuncturist said that my pulses and tongue looked a lot better this cycle than they did with the last transfer. I left feeling optimistic about this cycle.

My 1st beta is scheduled for 10/3 and my 2nd beta is scheduled for 10/6. My clinic won't call with the results until both betas are in, so I'll probably POAS next Friday. I'd test on Wednesday, but I'd rather wait for the weekend to get the news. Please send some sticky baby dust my way!!

13 comments:

Crystal said...

Sending TONS TONS AND TONS of sticky dust your way!!!!! :)

Mrs. Spit said...

Aww, they are absolutely beautiful. . . .

Megs said...

Keeping you in my thoughts on this journey!! :) And sending lots of sticky baby dust your way!! Good luck!! :)

A Decade of BFNs said...

YAY!!! Sending you a boat load of sticky dust.

Travelwahine said...

Oh Niki, I'm so excited for you. I will be sending a TON of sticky baby dust your way.

(((HUGS)))

Heather said...

Lots and LOTS of sticky baby dust to you! You deserve this! Good luck!

SMK said...

So excited about the transfer.. look at those beautiful first pictures! Sending you lots of sticky dust! Keep us posted! ;)

Sober Mommy said...

**Sticky**
**Sticky**
**Sticky**

If there was anything I could do to make things more *sticky* I would do those too!

Best of luck - thinking of you guys today and really hope the best for this cycle. The pics are beautiful!

-Amanda

I Believe in Miracles said...

Baby dust!!!

sara said...

Over from lost and found - wanted to send you every last sticky vibe I have. Beautiful photos, and a beautiful blog. I clicked over to leave a quick good luck comment - but I've been stuck looking for the last hour! Best of luck in the weeks ahead - I hope that there is nothing but good news to be heard :-)

Sheri-ct said...

Sending TONS of prayers and positive thoughts. Your embies are beautiful.

Unknown said...

I'm sending positive thoughts and baby dust your way. REALLY hoping that you and J will get a BFP!
Linda

Tiffany said...

Stick... stick... stick.