Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

I have so much to be thankful for this year:

1. The 26 days that I was able to spend with my sweet Myles
2. Beautiful K, her rock star uterus, and her amazing, supportive family
3. Liam and Silas--two healthy, growing baby boys
4. My "rock" and the man who makes me laugh--my husband, J
5. My loving family and friends (this includes my blogosphere friends)
6. My cuddly furbabies--Asha and Elvis
7. My good health
8. My family and friends' good health
9. Knowing that my babies are thriving in a safe place
10. Beautiful K's amazing love and generosity (yep, I just can't say it enough)
11. Two of the best legal gurus around (thank you H & M)
12. Having an enjoyable career
13. Being financially stable and knowing how to properly manage money
14. Having been able to experience pregnancy (even if it was only for 25+4wks)
15. Living in a nice, warm home in a safe neighborhood
16. The kindness and generosity of strangers
17. IVF and the genetic technologies that made my children possible
18. Dr. S (my RE who gave me Myles, Liam, and Silas)
19. Dr. D (K's ob who is taking such great care of her!)
20. Monthly ultrasounds (aka, my monthly sneak peaks at the boys)
21. Great food, great wine, and great conversation
22. Access to clean water and clean air
23. Being able to walk through my neighborhood and feel safe
24. Strong coffee and dark chocolate
25. Sunshine, sunsets, and rainbows
26. Comedies and love stories
27. Great music of all kinds
28. Cute fashion accessories (scarves, handbags, jewelry...)
29. All shades of pink and purple
30. Wonderful, beautiful, amazing, awe-inspiring K

10 comments:

GibsonTwins said...

Niki, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I loved your thankful list- what a kind heart you have.

Kris said...

Happy THanksgiving, Niki! And what a great day it is:) Please tell K Happy Thanksgiving too! I hope someday I am able to meet this rock star of yours:)

Aunt Becky said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Niki. You are such an amazing person. xoxo

Kate said...

What a wonderful list. You're going to be an amazing mom to your two boys.

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Just doing a quick check in to see how things are going....sorry I've been a crappy blogger lately, there is just no time anymore. Sigh.

Anyway, SO GREAT to hear everything is going well, to think your just a couple of months away from meeting and holding your baby boys! I can't wait for that post, but until then I'll try to stay more updated.

Saffy said...

The 26th week.... OMG time is FLYING :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Niki,
I happened to stumble on your beautiful blog by chance,actually through my friend Andrea's blog-roll.I was very touched on reading your blogs,and the video you have wonderfully made for your son.I have fallen in love with your spirit and your incredible journey,it takes great courage really.I wish for you the very best.
Also,was thinking if I could have you blog-rolled,my blog is http://songbird24.wordpress.com/.
and my email is rodeogal24@gmail.com,so that you can tell me if you dont mind.
Best of luck,May God be always with you

Anwesha
(from India)

Lost in Space said...

Beautiful list, Niki!

Sorry I've been living underground lately...look how busy you've been with 2 incredible showers, names for your newest additions (love them both BTW), and passing some really difficult milestones. I'm wishing you all the best in the weeks and months to come, sweet friend. You are doing an incredible job of continuing to stay positive.

goldenjag25 said...

Your list is beautiful, you hae a lot to be thankful for! I am thankful for your inspiration, you inspire so many of us. Glad you had such a great shower too!

Soundproofing Contractors Elgin said...

Nice blogg post