Sunday, November 1, 2009

Baby Shower #1

As I drove to this baby shower I kept feeling like I'd forgotten to bring a gift and I had to keep reminding myself that this shower was for ME! I've spent the last 5 years going to and hosting baby showers for others all the while wishing that it was my turn. And now here I am reminiscing about my very first baby shower--it's finally my turn! K, her mom, L, and her SIL, A, did a great job--the food was great, the cake was adorable, the games were fun, and the gifts were plentiful. A made K and I corsages--mine said "Mommy to be" and K's said "Oven". They were so cute! Not only is K carrying our babies, but she worked hard to make today a very special day for me. I really am one lucky girl! Here are some photos from the day:












K was pampered a little today too. She received several gift certificates for spa treatments and other items in addition to the scarf I gave her. K continues to look beautiful. As my Aunt N said today K is "all belly":

On the way home from the baby shower we saw a huge, stunning rainbow spanning across the sky. My dear friend, D, said "aww, it's Myles ... somewhere over the rainbow". It gave me goosebumps to think of my sweet little angel Myles sending me a message on this special day. We stopped to take a photograph:

16 comments:

Angela Grace said...

What a great shower! K looks just radiant, too! I would agree that Myles was there with you to celebrate the anticipation of his little brothers' arrival!

Continued best wishes! God Bless you all!!

Ashley D said...

This whole post makes me smile for you.

Anonymous said...

K - you look great!!! I am over the top happy for you Niki - I hope you enjoyed every single second!!!

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

You both look amazing. I always make the mistake of reading blogs in the am, when its too early to have such sweet posts to read- I started crying when I saw the rainbow. How amazingly PERFECT!

Kris said...

You and K look absolutely radiant in these pictures:) How fun for you to open gifts this time rather than give them this time! K is all belly and absolutely beautiful and you are a glowing mommy-to-be!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! You so deserve this and I am so happy for you!

Poppy said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day and I'm so happy for you!

goldenjag25 said...

OMG Nikki, looks like you had a wonderful time. I am so thrilled for you! I think Myles was sending you that rainbow, brings tears to my eyes. You and K both look amazing!!!

Dora said...

What a wonderful day! And that rainbow ... WOW!

So happy for you!

Sheri-ct said...

Looks like a great time! I am so thrilled for you! You will cherish these memories forever. I still think about my showers. It's such an exciting time filled with so much hope. And I am so glad that Miles was able to send you a beautiful sign.

Sheri

Kelly said...

Your cake is soooo cute!! And how neat to receive two of everything. Love the little blankies! K looks great and so do you! And awww on the rainbow. :*)

Barb said...

I was so excited to read your blog today:) You are definitely the glowing expectant Mom! K is looking fabulous. The cake is adorable...great post. I did cry about the rainbow...definitely a magic moment. Big brother shining down on a special day:)

Mikiblueyz said...

Niki,

I have been following your story for some time as I am a fellow SC..Im not sure if you remember me but we were on the IVF thread together :)

It brought tears to my eyes to see pictures of you at your long deserved baby shower. I am so thrilled beyond words that you are being blessed with two more miracles and cant wait to see the two little rascals!

Little Myles is always in my thoughts and heart as are you and your two little ones on the way!

Love Always,
Mikhaela

Meg. said...

Niki! I'm so glad your shower went splendidly. That cake is probably the cutest I've ever seen, and both you and K are glowing. =)

You deserve all this happiness and more!

Mo said...

Oh Niki! I'm smiling ear-to-ear reading this post. I am so glad you had such a wonderful shower! Everything is coming together for you. And how wonderful to see that rainbow as well and to know Myles was there looking down on you all and smiling.

Mo

Karla said...

Niki, you and K are both glowing! That cake is adorable. I am so happy that the first shower was a total success and am so excited for you!