Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baby Shower #2


Today was my 2nd baby shower and it was perfect. This was a quaint luncheon hosted by my sweet Aunt B. We met for lunch at a small gourmet diner in a small town along the Mississippi River. Our table was near the window, so we could look out on the river and watch the fishermen enjoying the beautiful fall day. Aunt B wanted an intimate gathering to celebrate the upcoming arrival of the twins. There were six of us in attendance (K couldn't make it) and it was perfect! I was able to chat with my Aunt, her mom M, my cousin H, my Mom, and my soon to be sister in law, T. I'm very happy that we were able to do this because my cousin, H, is due to have a baby in a few weeks and likely won't make the big baby shower on 12/6.

Cousin, H, and her dear husband, T, spent time making a beautiful diaper cake composed of diapers, onesies, bottles (hidden on the inside for support), spoons, and baby toys. Aunt B brought a beautiful flower arrangement too. In addition to great conversation we enjoyed delicious pasta, wine, and sinfully delectable desserts. To top off a wonderful lunch the weather was in the upper 50's, which is something to celebrate in WI in late November. It really was a perfect afternoon! Thanks Aunt B for making me feel so special! I love you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds really, really nice!!! And you look gorgeous.

Jaymee said...

looks like you had a fantastic time. that is a beautiful diaper cake, not usually a fan of them, but that one is really cute.

Saffy said...

The shower's exciting and looks marvellous but I'm even more thrilled for you that you're now 25+3 :)

N said...

That diaper cake is amazing. Seriously.

It sounds like it was lovely. :D

Nadine said...

Looks like so much fun Niki! Looking forward to hearing all about all the showers.

Gina said...

What a cool diaper cake! Sounds like you had a great time!

Megs said...

Sounds like a wonderful luncheon :) Those are always nice! And by the way, the diaper cake is adorable!! I dont think I have seen one that colorful before! I love it!! Glad to hear you are doing well!

Tiffany said...

Sounds so nice, and that diaper cake is fantastic!

Kay said...

Thinking of you and Myles today!
((HUGS))

cmatsukes said...

That sounds like a nice shower you had I live in Wisconsin too I am Ashley Aunt, Nolans story he is my great nephew. I have now too a great niece born November 5th names Makayla Gabriell after my late husband Michael her great Uncle and my late Mother Gabriell her great grandma who just passed this pass July. So she is very special just like Nolan was. I wish you the best of everything and healthy babies born after 34 weeks. I think they will be ok.
Have a great holiday Chris M.